Abstract : Tether has frozen 22 million USDT; KuCoin has suspended multiple trading services; KuCoin will continue to keep in touch with relevant project partners.
On September 27th, KuCoin Exchange announced the progress of handling abnormal transfers:
1. Tether has frozen 20 million USDT on the Ethereum chain withdrawn from KuCoin, as well as 1 million USDT on Omni and 1 million USDT on Tron;
2. Exchanges of Bibo and Bitrue will help KuCoin track related funds. In addition, KuCoin has currently contacted 22 exchanges including Binance, Huobi, OKEx, Bybit, Upbit, Bibox, Gate, MXC, and BitMax;
3. There are currently 10 suspicious addresses:
4. KuCoin will continue to keep in touch with relevant project partners:
Velo Labs will redeploy and replace the affected VELO tokens；
VIDT Datalink will freeze VIDT tokens that have been transferred to suspicious addresses；
Silent Notary announced that it would reissue a new SNTR and replace all affected tokens;
Orion Protocol has reissued $ORN via a token swap. ORN was reissued 1:1 via a new smart contract and automatically distributed to holders, rendering previous tokens (and, in particular, the stolen tokens) obsolete.
KardiaChain has deployed a new KAI smc and frozen all old KAI transfers/pending tx, automatically distributing new KAI to all addresses (excluding hacker's);
Ocean Protocol has paused the OCEAN contract. The team will update the community with more information in the coming hours.
5. KuCoin has suspended multiple trading services such as ALEPH/USDT, TRAC/ETH, TRAC/BTC, BEPRO/USDT, BEPRO/BTC, PLT/ETH, PLT/USDT, etc.